Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dear, you. #1

"An inch of time is an inch of gold, but you can't buy that inch of time with an inch of gold".

We all think we're going to have more time - more time to spend time with family and friends, more time to tell someone how we feel about them. We know that time is not something that's promised to us and yet we live as if it is because that's just what people do. But today, I'm gonna spend this night writing a little something to each and everyone of you (Actually you guys requested for this post lah so yeah lah). All words will come from the bottom of my heart! The list will be in alphabetical order okay so hold back your knives or nuclear bombs if your name's not first on the list. 

Dear, Amelia.
Basically you're the first on the list and also the first person I talked to in college. I guess you were late for induction class that day huh. Everyone's probably like "Chehhh Amelia late? Nothing surprising!" But you being late for class all the time is something I will always remember. Because with you being late, I wouldn't be the latest right? Then I will have excuses like "Aiyah, that's okay lah Amelia will be late too anyways." Did I mention about how I really like your orange cake? 

You're gonna be a great mum, Amelia. You're always taking care of people (sometimes helping me to cut my meat because I can't ok, I just can't). You're also a person who help people without expecting anything in return. You care for people because it's just you, it's just Amelia. Amelia cares for people.

And no, I cannot imagine classes without you and I wouldn't want to imagine. We didn't even get to wear the same Uniqlo sweater on the same day to class. Who's gonna help me cut my meat? Who's gonna be later than me for class? Who's gonna laugh hysterically like some insane woman after consuming sugar? I'll miss you, Amelia. I'll miss you deeply.

Dear, Clarissa. 
This is gonna be a long and emotional one lol. I remember thinking you were some really cool and unapproachable girl. I guess a lot of people told you that but that's okay you're the opposite of cool and unapproachable because you're lame and approachable. A lame person can never be cool and an approachable person can never be unapproachable!

We also have a lot in common, so much that I think you can qualify as my soulmate already! I mean like not many girls like to eat meat but you do, and I thought I was the only one. We cry over the same type of movies, except I didn't cry watching No Strings Attached while you did. We read the same kind of books. We like Suits and Vampire Diaries. And we are the only ones who think that it is reasonable to stalk hot guys. I mean like, they're hot so what do you expect us to do? Walk away and forget what just happened? No freaking way. We exchanged sight, he said thank you to me and he flashed his sweetest smile at me. That's not nothing, that's really something. If he didn't plan on marrying me, why did he smile at me? (probably not gonna get married after this LOL)

It's also difficult to find study partners but she makes a great study partner. I mean like, library is a boring place for most of the people. Both of us on the other hand secretly thinks that the library is a magical place (not a secret anymore though sorry clar). We also have this theory that eating at 10am is breakfast so it's okay to eat another whole plate of rice at 12pm. I mean like we need our lunch, come on. 

But besides sharing those happy moments and jokes that maybe only both of us can understand, both of us have times when we are sad and demotivated. At times like these, Clar will be the good listener. She listens, she understands and she's just always there. 

So there was this one day, you told me about this really really sad news saying that you might not stay in ATC anymore. Me, being me, cried. I wish I could beg you to not leave because I don't think I will feel as happy as I was without you. But I can't say that, I can't because you have a bright future ahead and I must be happy for you. So, I swallow everything down and try not to think about what's gonna happen. I had nobody to pour this out to because the only person I feel like pouring out to is you. But again, I can't. 

Who's gonna take lunch with me even after already eaten breakfast at 10am? Who's gonna be late for class with me? Who's gonna study with me in the library? Who's gonna stalk cute guys with me? I simply cannot imagine a college life without you, Clar. I just can't but I have to. I'll miss you and I will never forget this great friendship. Oh, we need to get our sport shoes. 

No comments: