Wednesday, July 31, 2013

As You Grow, You Learn.



When I was younger, I used to think the moon was following me and my family around. I would then ask myself, "Why did you choose to follow me and not anybody else?" 

When I was younger, I used to think that people get pregnant just by sleeping next to a man. You wouldn't have to do anything but fall asleep next to each other. Then one day, I heard my aunt telling my mum that she wants a baby. She was pregnant some time after that. I then thought that you not only have to fall asleep next to each other but it's compulsory to keep in mind that you WANT a baby. 

When I was younger, I used to think that when it's raining, the god is crying. I would put my hands together and pray that the god will stop crying. I used to hide under tables whenever there's thunderstorm and my aunt (who would be babysitting me and my brother) together with my brother will look for me. 

When I was younger, I thought we were all supposed to drive on the white dotted lines on the road. In this case,the white lines will be between your left wheel and right wheel. 

But, we became smarter as we grow up, we learned that it seems like the moon is following you only because the moon is so far away, the angle you view it from will change very little as you move along and that is why. You learn that the moon doesn't love you that much after all and you're not the chosen one.

We learned that people doesn't get pregnant by merely falling asleep next to each other or even having the thoughts to have a baby. It requires men's sperms to swim gracefully to the ladies' ovum. You also learned that despite having millions of sperms swimming towards the ovum, only one will make it. Hah. You were once the fastest and strongest sperm. You are the sperm that survived. 

We of course learned that the rain came from the cloud. The god wasn't really crying after all. You also learned that you don't drive on the white lines. You now know how to put signals, reverse your car, make a u-turn or drive at 120km/hour. That is if you have a driving license though. 

No comments: